Our hearts go out to everyone who has been directly or indirectly impacted by the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are committed to doing what we can to help. As part of this, we’ve launched the following initiative:
Free Codacy Pro license for COVID-19 projects
If you are an individual or part of an organization contributing to a COVID-19 related project we’re offering a free Codacy Pro license, our cloud static analysis tool, available for GitHub, Bitbucket and GitLab users. We encourage you to incorporate Codacy into your project(s) to help ensure code quality, save time, lower costs, reduce security vulnerabilities and work across tools, technologies and locations. Automating code review also helps boost confidence of teams with extensive scientific knowledge who may question their level of technical expertise.
The free Codacy Pro license covers you and up to 25 team members for 3 months. We are accepting applications over the next month. Codacy Pro accounts include:
- Unlimited private repositories
- Tools for static code analysis covering 31 languages
- Code coverage tracking
- Slack and JIRA integration
- Support for linter configuration files
- Organization and team management
- Automatic commit and pull request review
- Support and training
- Extra security checks
Project ideas to fight Coronavirus
For project ideas regarding the use of technology to combat COVID-19, we invite you to check out the following resources:
- Smartphone device location data: Location Data Gathered by Facebook, Google, Other Tech Companies Could Be Used To Battle Coronavirus Spread
- Geographic tracking projects and mapping of COVID cases: COVID Tracking Project
- Telehealth solutions: Everything You Need To Know About Telehealth During The Coronavirus Crisis
- 3D printing: Hospitals Turn To Crowdsourcing and 3D Printing Amid Equipment Shortage
- Digital epidemiology, virtual assistants, telehealth: Tech’s Role In Tracking, Testing, Treating COVID-19
- Diagnostic tooling: FDA Issues first Emergency Use Authorization for Point of Care Diagnostic
- Security/prevention of misinformation: Facebook Is Clamping Down On Coronavirus Misinformation But Hoaxes Are Going Viral in Other Languages
- Identifying high risk communities to prevent outbreaks: The Tech That Could Be Our Best Hope for Fighting COVID-19—and Future Outbreaks
Other ideas include: crisis communication, remote work and learning management, as well as improved community cooperation.
Fill out an application
Those interested in fighting the pandemic with tech may fill out this brief form or click on the button below. We just need information related to your project and organization, then, we will review your application and get back to you as soon as possible.
Free for open source
As always, Codacy is free for open-source users.
Thank you and stay strong
Thank you to all who continue to persevere with work, family and other matters while following guidelines to stay safe. We are particularly grateful to those who are helping to fight COVID-19. We are eager to fight the pandemic together!
Times like this make us all stronger – stay strong, and stand together.
For questions regarding the trial or generally about our product we are happy to offer support. Please feel free to reach out email@example.com.
Also, we invite you to read our recommendations and best practices for remote work which we initially circulated internally and are pleased to now share with a larger audience.